We want to connect you to our great reads! Check out the resources below for curated reading lists, web resources, and more.
Reserve Your Books Today
Search our catalog for physical items including but not limited to books, DVDs, and kits, and place on to hold to pick up at the library.
Need help placing holds? Watch this tutorial from our library staff.
Join a Book Club
Check out the library's book clubs on our events page and stop by to participate and share your love for reading with others.
Reading Lists and Resources
Need help finding your next read? Check out the lists below.
This collection of web resources can be used to help find books, authors, and read-alikes for readers.
- Accelerated Reader Bookfinder - Search for books and discover reading levels and Lexile measures.
- Children's Book Read-Alikes (ACL) - Find read-alikes for children's literature by author, title, or topic.
- Fantastic Fiction - Search and browse for authors and titles. Each author page lists all titles published by series.
- Goodreads - Discover new titles and track your reading history.
- KDL What's Next - Need to know what books are in a series? Search by author, title, or series name.
- NoveList Plus - Provided through NC Live. Browse titles by genre or age group. Also see read-alikes.
- The StoryGraph - Track your reading and browse for titles.
- Whichbook - Browse books by mood, character, topic, and more.
- YALSA Book Finder - Search for young adult books by award, author, or genre.
Home Delivery Program
We are excited to launch a new service that will allow library staff to deliver books to the homes of patrons who are unable to get to the library because of age, disability, illness, or the coronavirus public health crisis. Read this policy to see if you qualify for our service, and fill out an application below!
Home Delivery Application
Hocutt-Ellington Memorial Library’s Home Delivery Program provides home delivery of library materials to patrons who live in Clayton city limits or in the Clayton ETJ; have no one available (friends and/or family members) to pick up and return library items; AND who are unable to get to a library for an extended period because of age, disability, illness, or the coronavirus public health crisis.
To enter into this program, please read our Home Delivery Program policy (linked above) and complete the following application. Once it is received, we will work to match you up with a volunteer/staff member is available, typically within two to three weeks.