Our programming is currently decreased due to COVID-19, but we still want to hold as many online programs as we can!
Children's Preschool Storytimes - Meeting January through May and September through November
- Currently suspended due to high community transmission of COVID-19. Watch for more info!
- Stories, crafts, and special guests designed for preschool children ages 4-5.
Baby Storytimes - Meeting January through May and September through November
- Baby songs, stories, giggles, and rhymes for children 2 years and under with their caregivers.
Other Children's Events:
- Book Worms Book club for Kids grades 3-5 - Designed for kids in grades 3-5. In this book club, we will discuss one book each month and create a craft or activity related to the month's book. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to participate along with their child(ren). If you plan to participate, register on our Eventbrite page!
- Exploring STEAM, K-2nd Grade- Science Technology Engineering Art & Math. Each session explores a high-interest topic kids are curious about with experiments & activities. Currently being offered via Zoom. Learn more on our Eventbrite page!
- Exploring STEAM, 3rd-5th Grade- Science Technology Engineering Art & Math. Each session explores a high-interest topic kids are curious about with experiments & activities. Currently being offered via Zoom. Learn more on our Eventbrite page!
- Animal Profiles Archives - Find educational guides that can serve as a useful reference or as "homework help" for any students out there.
- TedEd - is TED's youth and education initiative which aims to spark and celebrate your child's ideas.
- North Carolina Elementary Battle Of The Books - This site lists each year's Battle of the Books lists.
- Encyclopedia.com - Has more than 100 trusted sources, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, and thesauruses with facts, definitions, biographies, synonyms, pronunciation keys, word origins, and abbreviations.
- Fact Monster Dictionary - Definitions of thousands of words and games and links for word lovers.
- Fact Monster Encyclopedia - Access articles from the Columbia Encyclopedia.
- Free Dictionary - A dictionary containing over 260,000 entries, the main source being American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language.
- Merriam-Webster World Central - Look up words in the student dictionary, build your own dictionary, read about the daily buzzword, and play games.
- The Carnegie Cyber Academy - Tips for kids and parents on internet safety as well as an interactive educational game, Carnegie Cadets!
- FBI - Kids Safety - An interactive tutorial for students by the FBI; ideal tool to incorporate into internet safety education.
- GetNetWise - Online safety guide, tools for families, ways to report trouble, and websites for kids.
- Online Tools For Parents And Children - Lists several sites to help you navigate the Internet with your child
- SafeKids - Rules for online safety, guidelines for parents, and information about filtering software.
- Connect Safely - This site is dedicated to educating users of connected technology about safety, privacy and security. Here you'll find research-based safety tips, parents' guidebooks, advice, news and commentary on all aspects of tech use and policy.
- ALA Great Websites For Kids - Guidelines to follow on how to keep safe while using the internet.