The Administrative Division of the Clayton Police Department is responsible for the following areas.
- Records — The Records Section receives, files, and recalls copies of all reports prepared by members of the department; maintains master index files, providing data and support documentation upon request; prepares activity reports; and maintains the department’s computerized record-keeping programs and taxi and pawn store permits. Department reports are maintained in accordance with the Town of Clayton’s schedule for Records Retention.
The Records Section also assists with crime analysis and enters and maintains data from Johnston County 911 so that it is available to the public and department at any time. The department uses this information to produce a variety of maps and charts, which assists in the effective deployment of resources. This process also allows information sharing between agencies, thereby increasing law enforcement effectiveness.
The Records Section is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (except holidays) and may be contacted at 919-553-4611, ext. 7410. You may also obtain records here.
- Professional Standards — The Clayton Police Department is dedicated to open and transparent communication with the community. The Professional Standards Section is responsible for the supervision and control of investigations of alleged or suspected misconduct by departmental personnel. Internal Affairs and Supervisory Investigations of alleged or suspected misconduct are coordinated through Professional Standards, and Command level officers, designated by the Chief of Police, conduct Internal Affairs investigations. The Administrative Services Commander maintains all Internal Affairs investigative files.
The Clayton Police Department assesses the conduct of its employees on a continuing basis to ensure that all officers and civilians represent the agency in a positive manner. Our goal is to provide the highest possible level of service to the public. To meet this goal we must ensure that each employee shares the department’s vision of commitment and professionalism in all that they do. Every complaint that comes to the attention of the department is investigated, and the department communicates with the complainant throughout the process. All matters of complaint and the related findings are discussed and documented.
- Accreditation — The Accreditation Manager is responsible for the management of the department’s accreditation files. The manager ensures that required activities (reports, reviews, and inspections) relevant to the accreditation standards are conducted within established guidelines and timelines. The Accreditation Manager is assisted by other assigned personnel as needed.
- Inspections — All supervisory personnel are responsible for ensuring that members of the Police Department adhere to established policies and procedures. The Administrative Services Division Commander is responsible for ensuring periodic inspections are conducted to establish and monitor compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Personnel Activities — Administrative Services oversees all personnel activities, including the recruitment of qualified applicants and employee relations within the department and provides career counseling, employee benefits counseling, and other activities outlined in departmental policies and procedures. Administrative staff are the liaisons with the Town of Clayton Human Resources Department.
For all Police Response:
Monday through Friday: 8 am to 5 pm